CBSE Board Exam 2024: Tips to Score 95+ Marks in the Class 12 English Core Exam
With just a few days left for the CBSE examinations, students of Class 12 have started revising the syllabus for every subject. The main examination for CBSE will begin on February 19, 2024, for all the students who will appear for the board examination.
The first exam for the Class 12 board examination is English, and it holds significant importance. Students gearing up for this year’s board exams should carefully consider the CBSE Class 12 English preparation tips 2024 for optimal performance. While English is sometimes overlooked, a strategic approach can transform it into a highly subject.
The provided tips offer valuable insights on the right preparation strategy for CBSE Class 12 English, especially with the exams scheduled to begin on February 15, 2024. Early preparation is key, and students are advised to commence their studies promptly.
Here are some tips and tricks shared by Priya Mohan, Headmistress and HOD (English), Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Ghaziabad to score 95+ marks in the English subject.
STUDY SCHEDULE AND TIME MANAGEMENT
- Structured timetable: Create a realistic micro-study timetable for each subject that covers all sections evenly. Allocate more time to challenging areas such as the writing section while ensuring breaks for relaxation.
- We’d like two minutes of your time in order to understand you better. Please take this reader survey.
- Consistency is key: Stick to your schedule diligently. Consistent study habits help in better retention of information.
- Prioritise weak areas: Identify your weaker chapters/topics and allocate more time to them. Strengthening these areas can significantly improve overall performance. Literature answers require practice and precision. The inclusion of keywords and phrases would render your answers accurate. So, written practice is vital.
- Understand the syllabus: Be familiar with the exam syllabus and pattern thoroughly. Ensure you cover each topic comprehensively.
- Practice regularly: Solve previous years’ question papers and sample papers. This practice will help you understand the exam pattern and manage time during the actual exam.
- Accuracy and precision: Keywords of every chapter/topic must be included in the answers. Underlining them while studying would help in etching them in your memory and quoting, as well as underlining them would help you to score well.
- Literature section: Open-ended questions are also meant to check your understanding of the text. Instances and phrases from the text must be included in the answers to substantiate them.
- Writing section: Be thorough with the formats and include at least 4-5 points/arguments to elaborate the article.
EFFECTIVE STUDY TECHNIQUES
- Note-taking: Summarise your notes and create concise study materials. These notes will be beneficial during last-minute revisions.
- Mind mapping: Use visual aids like mind maps to understand complex or extensive topics and create associations between various concepts.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
- Adequate rest: Ensure you get sufficient sleep, especially during the days leading up to the exams. Rest is crucial for memory consolidation.
- Balanced diet: Maintain a healthy diet to fuel your brain. Include foods rich in nutrients and stay hydrated.
- Stress management: Practice relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga to manage stress. Don’t let pressure affect your performance.
EXAM DAY STRATEGIES
- Read instructions carefully: Before starting the exam, read the instructions thoroughly. Understand the marking scheme and allocate time accordingly.
- Manage time wisely: Allocate time per question based on marks allotted. Don’t spend too much time on one question.
- Stay calm and focused: Keep calm during the exam and maintain focus. If you encounter a difficult question, move on and come back to it later.
Remember, it’s crucial to maintain a balance between study and relaxation. Aim for consistency in your preparation, stay confident, and trust your hard work.
Published on:- January 17, 2024
Published By:- India Today